CHURCH CLEANING DAY
SATURDAY FEB. 3
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Bring the whole family to help us prepare our facility for the Feb. 11 Organ Dedication.
LUTHERAN HOUR MINISTRIES SUNDAY is Feb. 18
We will highlight our work on radio, TV and the internet.
CHURCH OFFICES AND SCHOOL CLOSED
Monday, Feb 19th in observance of the Presidents’ Day Holiday
OUR HINNERS PIPE ORGAN
HINNERS ORGAN DEDICATION, RECITAL with RECEPTION
Sunday, February 11 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Our former organist, Silviya Mateva will play the recital
- “The Order of Service for an Organ Dedication” with the singing of the Hymn
- Reception afterwards – Fellowship Hall
- This will be a major event for our congregation, community and district. People will be invited from among our city and state governments because this pipe organ survived the Murrah bombing in 1995.
- We rejoice in this gift of a fully renovated pipe organ on the back wall of our sanctuary to accompany us in praising and singing to our gracious God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit!
BELL CHOIR PRACTICE BEGINS
If you would like to play in the bell Choir for the Easter services, practice will be each Thursday at 8:00 pm beginning Feb. 22nd. If you have any questions, contact Evan Bellas.
LUNCH & BIBLE STUDY
Thursday, February 1st 11:15 am
St. John’s Lutheran’s seniors’ group will be our guests. They have about 15 – 17 who are planning to come so we need to remember to bring an extra dish or two for our potluck meal to share. Afterwards, we will play a game. We need three couples to volunteer for the game. It will be fun! We want to make sure we entertain our guests from St. Johns, and they have a good time as well as a delicious meal.
PRESENTATION ON THE OKLAHOMA CENTURY CHEST
February 16th 11:30 a.m.
The seniors will meet at the church at 11:30 a.m. and Pastor will drive them to a restaurant nearby for lunch. Afterwards, they will return to the church for a presentation on the Oklahoma Century Chest and the contents of the time capsule. Chad Williams, Director of Research Division with the Oklahoma Historical Society, and Pastor Peterson, Pastor of the First Lutheran Church, Oklahoma City will give the presentation. This Chest was sealed into the basement of the First English Lutheran Church in Oklahoma City on April 22, 1933 and was opened a century later. They will tell us about the items placed in the chest at that time as well as a power point presentation. They will also have some items available from the chest to see. (This presentation will replace our trip for the month of February.)