“LIVE” DIVINE SERVICE Each week,
our 10:30 am service will stream live on YouTube! Go to our page on YouTube: “Trinity Lutheran Church Norman, Oklahoma”.
SENIOR LUNCH AND BIBLE STUDY
Thursday May 5 at 11:15 a.m.
(gather at 11:00 a.m. for fellowship)
Join us for our seniors Bible study and luncheon. Please bring your favorite dish to share.
After lunch, our guest speaker will be Dan Schemm. Dan is the executive director from “Visit Norman.” He will speak about activities and upcoming events available to us in Norman.
SENIORS TRIP – Friday May 20
The seniors will take a road trip to Shawnee to the Potawatomi Cultural Center. A brief introduction by Blake Norton of the history, artifacts, gift shop, tribal grounds and Eagle center. After the tour of the center, they will have lunch at the Firelake Taco Restaurant. Cost for entering the Cultural Center is free but a free-will donation is accepted. Meet at the church at 8:45 a.m. to be ready to leave at 9:00 a.m. A cost of $3.00 per person to cover gas and upkeep of church vehicle will be collected.
Sunday, May 22nd 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Reaves Park (Large Pavilion)
Please join the church elders for some great food, fellowship, fun, and fresh air at Reaves Park (main Shelter).
The elders will provide hamburgers, hotdogs/brats, drinks, chips and other side dishes/desserts. All you need to bring is yourself and your loved ones!
We will have some fun & games for the kids and even a few fun activities for the adults (aka, kids at heart)! Feel free to bring your own games & sports equipment if you like – there are plenty of big open spaces and we hope to get a beautiful spring afternoon.
No need to sign up – just come and enjoy!
PASTOR’S VACATION DAYS Friday, May 27 to Friday June 3.
Pastor and Kathy will be at a family reunion in Texas. Vicar Gaschler will be in the office during that time and conduct the Matins services on Sunday, May 29.
MEMORIAL DAY – May 30th
The church offices and Early Learning Center will be closed in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
EASTER DECORATIONS to be taken down on Sat. May 28 at 10:00 a.m.
Come and help and lend a hand!
The Fifth Sunday Mission Brunch and Bible Class – May 29 at 9:15 a.m. with the focus on the continued work of Lutheran Heritage Foundation throughout the world. The Board of Evangelism will provide the food for the brunch.
NOMINATIONS FOR BOARDS AND COUNCIL
At the Voters Meeting on Sunday, April 24, a beginning proposed slate was presented for the election of members of all boards and council. The boards and council members will be voted on at the Voters Meeting on Sunday, June 26 (for the July 2022 through June 2023 term).
During May and June, as you are asked to serve on any boards or on council, prayerfully consider saying, “Yes- I will serve!” You may be asked to serve as:
- President– Conducts and chairs all board and Voters meetings for the congregation.
- Vice-President– Assists the president in the above tasks
- Secretary– Takes minutes at all congregational meetings
- Treasurer– Paying church bills and keeping track of budgeted items
- Financial Secretary, /Assistant Financial Secretary
- Councilmen-at-large– Assigned to various tasks by the congregation president
- Board of Elders– Spiritual care of the congregation with Pastor
- Board of Education– Our Sunday School, VBS, LYF
- School Board– Administering our TLC Early Learning Center
- Board of Trustees– Care of our physical plant and property
- Board of Stewardship– Financial planning and pledging for our time, treasure & talent
- Board of Evangelism– Outreach and friendship visitation planning
- Endowment Board– Administering our Endowment contributions and disbursements
Your congregation needs you and your unique abilities in service of our Lord. Join in the challenge and the satisfying awareness that you are involved in God’s work in bringing the saving Gospel of our Lord Jesus before our lost and hurting world!
Contact Ron Fischer , the president of the congregation at (972-365-7385.)