Set up a one-time or recurring gift using a secure online portal.
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
The Stewardship Board wants to encourage you to consider signing up for a wonderful new program made available to Trinity Lutheran Church through Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. The program is called “Simply Giving”, and it is just what the name sounds like! It is an easy new way to set up your giving to further God’s work here at Trinity.
With just some basic information, the service enables you to set up your scheduled giving so that it is automatically deducted from your checking or savings account each month (or twice a month if you prefer). This is similar to the idea behind many of the automated “bill-pay” options that many of you may already use. Just a few advantages of using the program include:
- Less work for you – no more having to remember the checkbook Sunday morning or trying to recall whether or not you already gave your tithe during a particular month.
- Family vacations and work related travel is no longer a headache – your support of Trinity stays put, even when you have to take off for awhile!
- Easy on-line management of your account. With just a simple username and password that you can set up, you are able to interact with your account on-line through a simple link on the left-hand side of this page. You can see all your past giving as well as easily making any changes to your future giving plan that you want. Just bookmark the main log-in page for the “Simply Giving” program on your computer so you can easily find the link.
- Easy designation of your giving. When you sign up, just select whether you want 100% of your giving to go into Trinity’s general operating fund or if you would like a portion to go towards Mortgage Assistance or any other special designated fund.
There are two easy ways to set your household up for the simply giving program. And while we recommend you take the first, we would be happy to assist if you prefer the second.
- You can set it up yourself on-line. Just follow this link and you will taken directly to a page managed by a company called ‘Vanco Servcies’. They handle Thrivent’s Simply Giving program and make it easy to set up your account. Once on that page, you will click on the “Create Profile” link to get everything started. The website has simple instructions or you can view this PDF with instructions that will take you all the way through the process of setting up your account.
- You can let us do the work for you! Just fill out a physical copy of this authorization form and give your completed form to any of Trinity’s staff – they will make sure it gets entered into the Simply Giving program system.
Also, the Stewardship Board anticipates that many households may feel uncomfortable with the idea of consistently telling the usher to pass them by each service without having anything to put into the plate. (Old habits die hard and we Lutheran’s love putting something in the plate – I remember being so excited to place change in the plate as a young child!) So we are placing small, reusable cards in the pew each Sunday that say “I am contributing to God’s work in this place by participating in the “Simply Giving” program. If you are participating in the program – just grab one and place it in the offering plate when the usher comes to your row.
We would like to thank you in advance for your consideration of this wonderful opportunity to make your life a little simpler. If you have any questions about signing up for the program, please contact Pastor, Vicar, or Jackie Mullen directly.
The TLC Stewardship Board