BOARDS AND COUNCIL
We THANK YOU all for serving in our congregation!
Council meets on Sunday, APRIL 8th at 6:30 p.m.
- Elders Board – Sun. April 8th 1:30 p.m.
- Education Board – Wed. April 4th, 7:00 p.m.
- Evangelism Board – Sun. April 8th, 11:45 a.m.
- School Board – Tues. April 3rd, 6:30 p.m.
- Stewardship Board – Wed. April 4th, 7:30 p.m.
- Board of Trustees – TBA
All Board members please note these times and plan to attend.
CHURCH/SCHOOL STAFF ADMINISTRATORS MEETING
Wed. April 25 8:00 – 8:30 a.m.
Sunday April 22
(no lunch before the meeting)
- All confirmed members at least 18 years old plan to attend and become a voting member.
- Board reports about the work of our “One Family – Church, School and Campus Ministry”
- Presentation of initial slate of our new officers for 2018-2019
(The actual election will be at the June
24th Voters meeting.)
OKLAHOMA DISTRICT CONVENTION
Theme: “You Are Witnesses of These Things”
Friday and Saturday – April 20, 21
Place: Hilton Garden Inn Edmond
2833 Conference Drive (Covell & I-35),
Pastor Nehrenz is the 1st VP of the district and the conference chairman.
The President of the LCMS, Dr. Matthew Harrison, will be attending the convention. Also the 5th Vice-President of the LCMS, the V.P. for the Central Region, Rev. Dan Preus, will make the presentation of the LCMS national report.
The Opening Communion Service on Friday April 20 at 7:00 p.m. is open to all district congregation members. Synod President Dr. Matt Harrison will be the preacher. Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Edmond is the host congregation with Oklahoma District President Pastor Barrie Henke.
Put the dates on your calendar and you may attend any time during the two days.
The 35 Districts of the LCMS meet every three years to elect district officers and consider overtures, which can then be sent to the LCMS national convention in 2019.